All CCPS coaches need the following classes in order to be eligible to coach a team at Huntingtown High School
1) Athletic Care and Prevention Course – See your Athletic Director for dates and times. (Must be completed in first 2 years of coaching) This class only needs to be taken one time only! Care and Prevention Class 2016
2) Concussion class from the http://nfhslearn.com/ website. (Class needs to be taken each year)
3) Heat Illness Prevention from the http://nfhslearn.com/ website. (Class needs to be taken each year)
4) Sudden Cardiac Arrest from the http://nfhslearn.com/ website. (Class needs to be taken each year)
5) Mandatory Varsity Head Coaches Test at www.coachesexams.com (This exam needs to be taken each year, and the answer to the test can be found in the MPSSAA Handbook, Calvert County Handbook, and SMAC Constitution )
6) What is a Credentialed Coach? Please click on the link below for more details.
Classes offered on the http://nfhslearn.com/ website are offered free of charge. Please sign up for the course and place it into your account. The price will reflect $0.00. Proceed to your cart and purchase. Certificates of completion must be turned into your Athletic Director prior to the start of each season.